If you’re a startup or a small business what can you do to optimise your website for conversions?
Put simply this is increasing the amount of purchases or signups from your existing traffic.
Conversion optimisation is the pinnacle of digital marketing. When you have enough visitors and data then you can go down the route of a regular programe.
If you have vast amounts of traffic you can look at multivariate testing or A/B testing. There are calculators online that will give an idea the confidence level for the test depending on the amount of data.
What if you don’t have the traffic?
Then we are in the realms of best practice. There are certain well known factors that will certainly impact your sales and some less well know ones that may or may not work for your business.
Record the stats for your online presence. From unique website visitors to sales per week. Keep a simple spreadsheet.
The Dashboard can record everything that is important or notable. For example:
- Targets (% achieved per week)
- Goals (Google Analytics eg forms filled in)
- Unique visitors
- Website Health (links to website, organic clicks)
- Keyword ranking (top five including your ‘brand’)
15 Website Conversion Factors
This is not an exclusive list and not quite in priority order but it should get you started:
- SEO Factors (site speed, mobile usability, presence of robots.txt and sitemap.xml)
- SSL certificate (vital)
- OVP (Online Value Proposition) What makes your website unique
- Product Images (high quality)
- Delivery Charges
- Copy (emotional hooks)
- Persistent Shopping Cart
- Contact Info
- About Pages (including Terms & Conditions, Privacy Notice, eg GDPR statement)
- Internal Search (filters help too eg filter by colour)
- Social Confidence (are you up to date on your social profiles)
- Security (SSL and credit card icons are helpful)
- Testimonials / Reviews
About Conversion Detectives
Conversion Detectives is a full service digital marketing agency including CRO in Hertfordshire.
We find the best quality traffic for your website and convert more of that traffic into sales or sales leads.